Emergent Method is seeking a dynamic graphic designer to provide support on a variety of client projects. This individual will play an integral role on Emergent Method’s creative services team, collaborating internally with other designers, web developers, and content strategists and externally with clients to understand client needs and produce high-quality deliverables. This is a full-time position based in Baton Rouge, LA. Remote candidates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in visual and graphic design, is self-motivated, and is adept in completing deadline-based assignments in a fast-paced environment. This individual must be flexible and willing to embrace working as part of a collaborative, high-functioning team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with Emergent Method’s team of consultants, designers, and project managers to understand client needs and propose print and/or digital solutions
- Design original, attractive, branded collateral and program materials using knowledge of layout, typography, and color
- Research and understand a client’s industry, competition, history, goals, and objectives and make thoughtful design decisions accordingly
- Review and edit documents to ensure layout and formatting is accurate, consistent, and meets brand standards, particularly those in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Microsoft Word and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Learn and remain up to date on design trends, principles, and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, art, communication, or a related field
- Relevant experience with a strong portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates expertise in design functions including but not limited to print, social and digital media, branding, and photo editing
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience creating motion graphics or video (After Effects, Premier Pro) is preferred but not required
- Experience working in and designing for various content distribution platforms, such as WordPress and Mailchimp
- Enthusiastic about advancing technical and soft skills and learning about new design trends and technologies
- Ability to take and give direction, communicate ideas effectively, and tell compelling stories through design
- Exceptional eye for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and pivot quickly based on rapidly changing priorities with ease
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate(s) should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.