Emergent Talent, a division of Emergent Method, is seeking qualified candidates to support a large-scale disaster recovery project. This project-based, full-time position is based in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and is tentatively scheduled to continue until February 2022 (with the potential for extension). This job requires regular travel to affected areas, so reliable transportation is necessary.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in emergency response and disaster recovery (particularly with FEMA’s Individual Assistance and Recertification Programs), self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and embrace the challenges of working on evolving tasks and structures.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as an onsite liaison between disaster survivors and government entities to assess the progress of their individual recovery efforts
- Conduct site visits with disaster survivors to identify challenges with individual recovery efforts and facilitate problem-solving
- Maintain communication and build rapport with disaster survivors to assist with problem-solving and resource coordination
- Demonstrate kindness and compassion through intentional, goal-oriented interactions with each unique disaster survivor
- At least two years of experience as a member of a state or federal recovery operation, or equivalent experience with the ability to perform the necessary duties
- Basic knowledge of the operational and regulatory aspects of the FEMA Individual Assistance Program
- Basic knowledge of the FEMA Recertification Program preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to maintain detailed documentation and records in accordance with federal policies and requirements
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Able to work full-time in Lake Charles
- Able to travel to affected areas (potentially throughout Southwest Louisiana) with reliable transportation
- Able to work outside in varying weather conditions including seasonally hot or cold temperatures and in inclement weather
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate(s) should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.