Emergent Method is a team of problem solvers from diverse backgrounds dedicated to helping clients provide unique and valuable experiences to their customers, employees, and stakeholders. We strive to build and maintain a team of exceptional people who are committed to the success of our firm and our clients.
We are seeking a dynamic communication professional to join our team as a Strategic Communication Consultant. This role will be responsible for leading and supporting complex external communication efforts, outreach and engagement initiatives, and marketing programs for the firm and a variety of its clients, with a focus on the public sector. This is a full-time position based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, be driven by meeting client needs and focused on client success, and exceptional problem-solving skills. Additionally, this individual should have experience in developing and executing multifaceted communication campaigns, the ability to create compelling and strategic messaging and content, adapt messaging across mediums and deliverables, solid copywriting and editing skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support client projects requiring strategic communication, public relations, social media, writing, messaging, research, or other needs
- Lead and execute complex communications efforts around community outreach and engagement, crisis communication and management, stakeholder and audience engagement, and public relations
- Project management skills including proactive communication with clients and team members, tracking and reporting progress on project milestones, understanding client needs, developing appropriate timelines and processes, seeking feedback, and executing on above-satisfactory deliverables and work products
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify client needs, develop goals and objectives, coordinate and develop communication products, plans, and campaigns that are strategic, comprehensive, and aligned with client goals, and develop content for supporting traditional and digital outreach methods
- Work with project managers and key internal stakeholders to support the firm’s proposal content development and review, including proposal outlines and approaches, identifying win themes, content creation and formatting, and timely delivery in accordance with requirements
- Create and support outgoing communication including press releases, marketing collateral, social media content, and other materials
- Become an integral part of the copyediting process by reviewing company and client documents for organization, content, and technical accuracy while maintaining consistent branding, style, and formatting standards
- Serve as a trusted client resource and uphold the firm and client’s reputations by remaining extremely client-focused and committed to delivering above and beyond expectations
- Provide other project support functions as needed
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate(s) should submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.