Emergent Talent, a division of Emergent Method, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of System Analyst on a large-scale IT system implementation project. In this role, candidates will work with project sprint teams to support testing and validation processes for system changes and enhancements. This is a full-time position for an ongoing project based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Remote candidates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, adept in handling a wide range of tasks, and willing to embrace the challenges associated with complex system implementation projects. Additionally, candidates should have relevant technical backgrounds and experience with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working directly with user acceptance testing and quality assurance teams to understand the development and the impact of new system functionality.
- Creating test data to support the execution of testing and validation activities
- Defining and planning testing strategies for the functionality that will be delivered during individual sprints
- Working with batches conducting data set-up, mock file creation, and batch execution
- Supporting testing activities, including bug-resolution processes
- Supporting the execution of scenarios for test cases including functional, regression, and smoke tests
- Building and maintaining rapport with project team members
- Providing regular support throughout the day for testing
- Providing regular status updates
- A bachelor’s degree in information sciences, computer science, management information systems, or a related technical field is preferred (experience that demonstrates commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience working in the system development life cycle; (working in an agile environment considered a plus)
- Ability to transform technical information into functional questions/solutions
- Strong communication and client facing skills
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
- Quick learner with the ability to pivot swiftly based on changing direction
- Organized and able to collaborate on issues with fellow team members
- Self-motivated and deadline-oriented to ensure tasks are completed without supervision
- Ability to be a team player, foster a cooperative environment with the project team, and adapt to the team
- Analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Medicaid and other similar programs
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with integrated eligibility systems and enterprise applications
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate(s) should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.