Emergent Method is seeking a dynamic web designer/developer to design and develop websites and other digital products for a variety of client projects. This individual will play an integral role on Emergent Method’s design team, collaborating internally with other designers and project team members and externally with clients to understand client needs and produce high-quality deliverables.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in web development, is self-motivated, and is adept in completing deadline-based assignments in a fast-paced environment. This individual must be flexible and willing to embrace the challenges of supporting the development and success of the overall team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with internal team of consultants, designers, and project managers to understand client needs and propose design and web or digital solutions
- Design original, attractive, on-brand website designs using knowledge of layout, typography, and color
- Research and understand a client’s industry, competition, history, goals, and objectives and make thoughtful design decisions accordingly
- Develop responsive websites and applications from scratch using semantic, version-controlled code
- Integrate websites with CMS and be able to train internal team and clients on using and updating content
- Manage existing websites and microsites by making updates to existing code and design when necessary and performing security and plugin updates
- Learn and remain up to date on web development trends, principles, and techniques
This is a full-time position based in Baton Rouge, LA. Remote candidates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Working knowledge of PHP and TwigWorking knowledge of SEO techniques and Google Analytics software
- Working knowledge of ADA compliance principles and ability to produce compliant websites
- Experience with Craft CMS, WordPress, Squarespace, and Mailchimp
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate(s) should submit a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.